Swiss Serene Limited Swiss Serene Limited acts as intermediary between transportation companies, hotels and any other providers or individuals and the clients. However, Swiss Serene Limited cannot be held liable for delays, accidents, losses, damages, injuries or other incidents. Liability is limited to the price per person for the service provided by Swiss Serene Limited. Transportation: Passengers are covered exclusively by mandatory third party insurance, according the norms of the European Community.
Each traveler is responsible for carrying a valid passport and possessing any required visa(s). The organizer is exempt from any liability should the traveler be deported or refused entry for not meeting entry requirements or passport irregularities. The traveler will be responsible for any of the costs as a result of this, according to our established cancellation policies and voluntary withdrawal from our services.
At the time of rental, the driver must present a valid national driver‘s license that has been held for at least 1 year. An International Driving Permit (IDP) is highly recommended for non-European Union renters. Further a photo ID (passport etc.) along with a valid credit card are required.
After receiving payment in full on reservations made by individual clients (city packages, train travel, etc.) we provide the vouchers by e-mail/Courier/Meet & Greet. Our clients are required to present these vouchers at hotels or to tour guides or service provider. If issuing their own vouchers, these must clearly state: “Reservation and payment through Swiss Serene Limited”.
All hotels on our tours have been carefully selected. Most hotels are located in the center of the city and breakfast is always included. Most hotel rooms in Europe don’t offer air-conditioning and Internet has to be paid separately. Hotels usually offer non-smoking single and double rooms; triple and twin rooms are not standard. However, upon request an additional/separate bed may be provided. Check-in time is usually at 3 pm. and Check-out at noon. All hotels selected for the programs are subject to change. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, clients will be accommodated in hotels that are equivalent in service and price category as those listed.
Transportation on our tours is conducted by rail, car, minivan or tour bus, depending on the number of passengers. If the number of participants confirmed on a tour is small, Swiss Serene Limited reserves the right to conduct transportation in a passenger vehicle or minivan driven by the guide, in order to comply with our departure dates.
Each passenger is entitled to bring one medium-sized piece of luggage, with a maximum weight of 66 lbs, free of charge. Transportation of excess luggage is subject to space availability. If the excess luggage exceeds the capacity of the vehicle, the traveler will be required to leave part of his luggage behind or pay for extra transportation (e.g. taxi). Luggage will be transported at the owner’s risk. The organization is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to the luggage during the trip. We recommend that travelers remain present at all times when their luggage is being handled. In case of air, river or sea transportation of luggage, the specific conditions of the transportation companies apply as set out in the passenger‘s ticket. In case of loss or damages, we recommend filing an immediate complaint with the company responsible for transportation. We would like to remind passengers that they are responsible for their belongings.
English speaking tour guide
Travelers will be accompanied by an English speaking tour guide during the entire travel program if not mentioned differently (or a driver-guide, for groups up to 7 participants). All our guides have extensive experience and are specially trained for each travel program.
Special conditions for childrenIn general (confirm prior to booking) children younger than 2 will pay 10% of the total fare and children between the ages of 2 and 12 will receive a 20% discount, if sharing accommodations with their parents or guardians. There is only one child permitted in a double room.
Lift Ticket Deposit
In most ski resorts, passengers will receive a card that contains all the data of the lift ticket. Ski resorts usually charge a e 5 deposit that will be refunded on the last day, when the card is returned. This deposit is not included in the price of the package.
All reserved services require payment in full prior to arrival date, according to the following conditions:
- Guaranteed departures, hotels and city packages*100% payment 21 days prior to arrival
- Private or customized tours or group travel*
- 30% payment upon confirmation
- 70% payment 21 days prior to arrival.
- Private or customized tours in winter (incl. Experience Igloo)
- 30% payment upon confirmation
- 70% payment 32 days prior to arrival Trade Fairs
- 100% payment upon confirmation
- Train tours*
- 30% payment upon confirmation
- 70% payment 4 weeks prior to arrival.
- Tours incl. Glacier Express (winter)
- 20% payment upon confirmation
- 80% payment 41 days prior to arrival
- Combination with Ski Packages
- The payment terms of the reserved hotel apply to the reservation.
- Ski Hotels
- 50% payment upon confirmation
- 50% payment 35 days prior to arrival
- Payment terms of the reserved hotel apply to the reservation.
- * Reservations during fairs, conferences and events require a full pre-payment.
- The organizer reserves the right to refuse any passengers who fail to comply with these conditions.
Payments up to €1.000 should be made via credit card (Mastercard or VISA). Between €1.000 and €3.000 can be paid either by credit card or bank transfer. Amounts higher than €3.000 should be paid by bank transfer.
We charge an additional 1.5% fee over the total amount for any AMEX payments.
Changes in reservations
Any changes in reservations that have been previously confirmed (arrival or departure date, travel conditions, etc.) that occur before the beginning of the trip are subject to a e 50 fine. If a passenger wishes to alter the trip significantly during the trip, any changes will need to be confirmed and a e 70 fine applies. The passenger will also be responsible for any possible costs charged by service providers as a result of any cancellations or changes. The organizer reserves the right to change the route of any itinerary described in this catalogue, change the departure times or substitute any of the hotels listed for another one of a similar category.
The operator and its service providers assume no liability for any damages, death, loss or delay caused by any person associated with the tour or as a result of any event outside the tour operator‘s control; this includes (but is not limited to) the loss, damage or theft of luggage or personal belongings caused by negligence, defect, strike, war, hostile acts or civic unrest. We recommend that travelers purchase adequate travel insurance. The tour operator reserves the right to suspend some or all tours; has the right to refuse any passengers on a tour or change the itinerary, whenever it deems convenient, to ensure the wellbeing and safety of the passengers.
Force Majeure/Act of God
If our service cannot be delivered because of an act of god, such as a war, strike, catastrophes, etc. or because of imminent danger, such as the rising or falling of water/sea levels, or the obstruction of a canal, the client has the right to withdraw from the contract without any costs, but is not entitled to any compensation.
If extraordinary weather conditions or force majeure (rain, snow, wind, flooding, avalanches, landslides, road or pass closures, etc.) prevent the passenger from reaching his destination, or has to remain longer in the ski resort beyond the reserved stay, the company is not liable for accommodation or any other additional expenses during the delay until travel can be resumed, as soon as (weather) conditions permit.
Transfers with regular transportation services
Regular transportation services have determined departure times that are not adjusted in case of flight delays, time changes, etc. Should a traveler miss a reserved bus, the reservation will no longer be valid. Regular transfer covers return transportation between airport and main bus station and v.v.
Travel insurance is not included in our tours. We recommend purchasing travel insurance in your home country, prior to your trip. Your travel agency will be able to provide information on travel insurance options.
Swiss Serene Limited assumes no liability and will not consider any complaints in case of a discrepancy between written and verbally provided information and/or prices. All prices are valid, except in case of typographic errors or calculation errors, and are subject to availability.
In case of non-compliance with any part of our program we request that you inform your guide or other representative, or contact us directly via the emergency number so that we can find a solution as quickly as possible. Please also provide a written statement of the non-compliance. Please allow the company a reasonable amount of time to respond to the client’s complaint. If this doesn’t occur, the burden of proof of any complaint rests with the client. Swiss Serene Limited is committed to responding to all letters or complaints received within 30 days of the end of the travel program. Swiss Serene Limited will not address any complaints received after this time period. All terms and conditions are subject to UK law. Governing Jurisdiction UK
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, travel documents like Passports, Visas, bank, credit or debit card details, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences, interests and activities and any information about other persons you represent (such as those on your booking). Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media and any other engagement we or our business partners have with you. We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
How we Use Your Information?
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including travel arrangements, holiday, security, incident/accident management or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside the UK/EEA. For you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data, these requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may collect and process your information for the purposes set out below and in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our group companies for business purposes and also to companies and our service providers who act as "data processors" on our behalf, or to credit and fraud agencies (some of whom are located outside the UK/EEA). These purposes include administration, service, quality and improvement-related activities, customer care, product innovation and choice, business management, operation and efficiencies, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment/management, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, social media, reviews, advertising and marketing, loyalty programmes, profiling customer purchasing preferences, activities and trends, dispute resolution/litigation, credit checking and debt collection
(3) Information (such as health or religion) may be considered "sensitive personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to exchange relevant information and sensitive personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
We request all our prospects, customers, partners and patrons to review the above before engaging any discussion with us. If you do not agree to How we Use Your Information? above, we will regretfully decline engaging or doing business with you or accept your booking.
(1) Using your information, we may from time to time contact you with or make available to you (directly or indirectly) information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our group companies. We will tailor the information you receive or see; this will enable us to make available to you more personalised and relevant communications. We may use innovative technologies and work with business partners to achieve this.
(2) We will assume you agree to email when you make an e-booking or provide us with your email in other situations such as in-store, competitions, promotions, prize draws and social media.
(3) If you do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of “Customer - Your Rights” below.
Customer - Your Rights
(1) On completing our Data Subject Access Request form, you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you (for a £10 fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
(2) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), use our "unsubscribe email", opt-out of personalised emails or refer to our literature containing instructions. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
(3) For a list of relevant brands, please send us your request. Please write to SWISSSERENELimited,
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), data protection controls may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country
USE OF TOOLS/"COOKIES" AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website(s) may contain links to third party websites or micro-sites not controlled or owned by us. For example, reference sites or ancillary products and services sites or websites owned by our sister brands or companies. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions, etc. carefully.
To maintain and enhance the quality of our website we use web metric services as detailed below:
• If you visit our website by following a Google Adwords link, Google will have set a cookie to confirm that you have used their service. Our website will support confirmation that the Adword has been used.
We provide web visitors with the option to accept or decline cookies on our website. Cookies collect data about visitors and allow certain functions of our website to perform correctly, this data is used only in an anonymous form; no individual is identified.
We have a number of forms on our website that enable users to contact us, all forms are submitted to us via email and we will respond to you in line with the request.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, improve our service and for security and fraud, we may review, monitor and/or record: (1) telephone calls; (2) activities using CCTV in and around our premises; (3) transactions and activities at all points of contact; and (4) web, social media and app traffic, activities, etc. All recordings and derivative materials are and shall remain Swissserene’s sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.
-Customer Data: To provide your holiday and ensure that it runs smoothly, we (and your travel agent, if you use one) need to use information such as your name and address, , travel documents like Passports, Visas, bank, credit or debit card details, special needs, dietary requirements, etc. Please be informed that we must pass it to suppliers of your travel arrangements, including airlines, hotels and transport companies; we may also supply it to security or credit checking companies, and to public authorities such as customs and immigration. When you make this booking, you consent to this information being passed to the relevant people. Information held by your travel agent is subject to that company's own data protection policy
Amendment fee: EUR 150 – per file by change of travel date, change of hotel category or name change! The client may cancel any tour before the departure date. In such an event, Swiss Serene must receive the cancellation in writing before the said date. Cancellation costs The following cancellation fees shall apply:
- 30 days or more before tour departure date, EUR 100 – per file
- 29–15 days before tour departure date, 50% of the total confirmed tour price
- 14–8 days before tour departure date, 30% of the total confirmed tour price
- 7–0 day before tour departure date, 100% of the total confirmed tour price
- Additional to the mentioned cancellation costs are cancellation costs for air tickets, as stipulated by the airline in question for that particular class.
As per the cancellations deducted amount will be refunded in account within 15 Working Days